Delta Chat v0.9.2 feat. Autocrypt Level 1
June 28, 2017 by Björn Petersen
This version implements the new Autocrypt encryption standard that was settled in Freiburg on the Hackathon in early June 2017. Delta Chat is proud being a part of this.
For the user nothing has changed: If two Delta Chat devices are used, the end-to-end-encryption using the OpenPGP standard is enabled automatically. No need to worry about keys, certificates, keyservers, asc files, revocation and so on.
But there are even more good news: As soon as Autocrypt is availabe in other mail apps - eg. Thunderbird or K-9 - the automatic encryption is also possible between Delta Chat and these apps :-)
The full list of all changes:
- Encrypt group chats
- Cryptographically sign messages
- Validate signatures of incoming messages (“Info” shows the state)
- Show a little lock beside end-to-end-encrypted messages with a validated signature
- If end-to-end-encryption is available on sending time, guarantee the message not to be sent without end-to-end-encryption later
- Show special characters in HTML-mails
- Help MUAs on showing chat threads
- Show attachments from multipart/alternative structures
- Upgrade from Autocrypt Level 0 to Level 1; as the levels are not compatible, encryption on mixed setups does not happen
- Update Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and French translations
Still missing: Multi-device setup via Autocrypt Setup Message - and probably tons of other things.
As usual, the update will be available on F-Droid the next days.