Delta Chat v0.9.2 feat. Autocrypt Level 1
June 28, 2017
This version implements the new Autocrypt encryption standard that was settled in Freiburg on the Hackathon in early June 2017. Delta Chat is proud being a part of this.
For the user nothing has changed: If two Delta Chat devices are used, the end-to-end-encryption using the OpenPGP standard is enabled automatically. No need to worry about keys, certificates, keyservers, asc files, revocation and so on.
But there are even more good news: As soon as Autocrypt is availabe in other mail apps - eg. Thunderbird or K-9 - the automatic encryption is also possible between Delta Chat and these apps :-)
The full list of all changes:
- Encrypt group chats
- Cryptographically sign messages
- Validate signatures of incoming messages (“Info” shows the state)
- Show a little lock beside end-to-end-encrypted messages with a validated signature
- If end-to-end-encryption is available on sending time, guarantee the message not to be sent without end-to-end-encryption later
- Show special characters in HTML-mails
- Help MUAs on showing chat threads
- Show attachments from multipart/alternative structures
- Upgrade from Autocrypt Level 0 to Level 1; as the levels are not compatible, encryption on mixed setups does not happen
- Update Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and French translations
Still missing: Multi-device setup via Autocrypt Setup Message - and probably tons of other things.
As usual, the update will be available on F-Droid the next days.