❶ Install Delta Chat
Download options for other platforms
Homebrew manual install:
brew install --cask deltachat
Flatpak manual install:
flatpak install flathub chat.delta.desktop
Arch manual install:
yay -S deltachat-desktop-git
Nix manual install:
nix-env -f "<nixpkgs>" -iA deltachat-desktop
Snap manual install (community maintained):
sudo snap install deltachat-desktop
❷ Get an Account
You can use (almost) any email account with Delta Chat. If you need a new one, tap or scan this QR code to get a random @nine.testrun.org email address:
❸ Enter a Username and Meet Your Friends
Now you can enter a username, select a profile picture, and chat with your friends. The best way is to meet them and verify them by scanning QR codes.
The desktop versions do not require Delta Chat to be installed on a phone.
Minimal requirements: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or iOS 12, iPhone 5s or iPad 5/Air/Mini 2 or Windows 7, macOS 10.11 El Capitan, Ubuntu 18.04, Fedora 29 or Debian 10 or compatible systems.
- Provider Database: Does my Provider work with Delta Chat?
- FAQ multiclient: How to synchronize Desktop with another Delta Chat app.
- Verify Downloads: Verify data integrity of downloads
- Desktop Installation Troubleshooting: Solutions for common desktop installation problems
- Desktop Previews: Pending changes for the desktop clients
- Android Nightly: Built last night with the most recent core
- iOS Testflight: May contain not yet officially released iOS versions
Preview builds may come with new bugs and should not be used productive.